The Evangelical Universalist Forum

The Purge: Election Year, Hypocrisy, and The Nature Of God

The Purge: Election Year—Spoiler Alert: you would be an idiot to pay hard-earned pesos for this movie.
(But if you already made that mistake, there is no condemnation for you in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1 :wink: )

So, what links this movie with hypocrisy, much less the nature of God?

First, let’s briefly recap this illustrative film, whether you’ve seen it or not.

From Wikipedia:

From The Catholic News Service:

In the film, the “purging” is decried as ‘only serving to eliminate the lower classes of society.’ So, this very violent film hypocritically feigns an anti-violence message—which eerily puts me in mind of the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

At the DNC, “heroic” Planned Parenthood was lauded by its (supposedly pro-minority) supporters. But how can all the Democratic blacks and Hispanics not realize that the founder of Planned Parenthood, a eugenicist, had wanted them purged from the population because of their perceived inferiority? (Similarly, how can gay and Jewish Democrats naïvely oppose restrictions on immigration for Shariah Law supporters—when those immigrants might later want them purged, too?)

As I contemptuously watched the (to my mind) parade of profligates at the DNC, I was convicted by the Holy Spirit that these people were not my enemies, because the real struggle is “not against flesh and blood.” He reminded me that God loves these lost sheep as much as He loves me, as much as He loves Jesus—who died for all. God IS love, and so He has only one response for everyone.

My judgmental feelings were incongruent with my present doctrine. But, after all, I have only recently escaped a conventional belief system that attempts to juggle conflicting ideas, including

1. that pro-abortion sinners deserve a never-ending torture chamber hell (unless they repent and promise to be good), while also insisting that,
  2. aborted children go straight to heaven, and yet,
  3. maintaining that the vast majority of people who do manage to be born and grow up…will end up in that never-ending hell, and, in my case,
  4. secretly concluding that it would have been better for those folks in hell if they had never been born in the first place—or had been aborted—
  5. all while resolutely attempting to defend the goodness of God!
    Kind of an untenable position. Definitely hypocritical. So there is plenty of hypocrisy to go around: Democrat, Republican, and Christian.

(Or perhaps “hypocritical” and “naive” aren’t the right labels I’m looking for in this discussion. I think “deceived” would probably be more à propos, don’t you?)

I recognize now that, unlike the rest of us, God is not a hypocrite: there is no infinite punishment for finite offenses.

I grasp now that GOD is only—exclusively—about LIFE, whereas it is the devil who is about death:

and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. Hebrews 2:14-15.*
And I see now that the Bible is only part of a progressive revelation of the goodness of God, who is a person, Jesus,“The Word of God” (Jn. 1:1; Rev. 19:13). Scripture is divinely inspired, of course, but it is filtered through human mediators.

But purging can be good—when it’s God doing the purging. (God is a consuming fire—of LOVE. Hebrews 12:29; 1 John 4:8, 16.)

I conclude here by asserting again that* “effective spiritual warfare must begin with purging from our understanding of God all that is angry, violent, unloving, or legalistic; in short, we must purge Satan out of our view of God.”*

Blessings.

References:
-The Truth About Margaret Sanger at BlackGenocide.org.
-Is God Violent, Or Nonviolent? at The Evangelical Universalist.
-Fighting For God’s Nonviolence at The Evangelical Universalist.

“Ravens’ Watson: Planned Parenthood created to 'exterminate blacks’” (CBS Sports)

Christian NFL player Benjamin Watson says,

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well
Psalm 139:13-14.

From The American Spectator: “Eugenic Hillary’s Pitch to the Disabled.” September 22, 2016:

From DO YOU THINK THE POLITICAL IDEOLOGY BEHIND ‘THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR’ FORESHADOWS AMERICA’S FUTURE?” by Richard Armande Mills:

From Mike Pence Takes Tim Kaine To Task On Hillary’s Defense Of Partial-Birth Abortion by Rachel Stoltzfoos:

“Partial birth abortion” is a misnomer. It should be called what it is: “infanticide” of the worst type—crushing a baby’s head and brains.
How is killing a baby just prior to birth any less immoral than killing it immediately after birth?

From “Planned Parenthood Celebrates a Century of Eugenics”:

Retired NFL Super Bowl champion Burgess Owens is quoted as saying,

( found at this link)

From Leaked Email: Hillary Clinton Will be More Pro-Abortion Than Obama, Will Force Christians to Fund Abortions”:

Which would be worse? More abortions promoted by Clinton? Or the whole country struck by nuclear weapons from North Korea or some other such country, in retaliation for Trump having pressed the button when he was in a bad mood?

Well we KNOW Hillary WILL continue to push for more and more abortions, including partial-birth abortions. That is what we call a FACT.
Trump pushing the button is pure speculation. I would not put it past Hillary either.

Are you a Big Trump fan, Dave? Or you just think he’s the lesser, of the 2 evils :question: Or as I like to phrase it: Which candidate is the “least bad” :question: :laughing:

I don’t envy you guys, they’re both horrible options to have.

The problem is that the US insurance and pharmaceutical companies, have huge Washington lobbies. And the article Health Costs: How the U.S. Compares With Other Countries, shows US expenses are way up there. Folks in the US, have this impression that other countries’ heathcare is substandard. It’s wrong. To prove it, go to the US step.state.gov/step/ website. There the US government rates countries by health care, safety, etc. Then put in the countries India, Chile and Panama. You will find the US government admits, they have hospitals and medical facilities, up to US standards. But at a fraction of the cost. Have you ever heard of Medical Tourism?

PURE SPECULATION??? If so there must be a lot of people speculating!

Here are a few of them:
[

9 terrifying things Trump publicly said about nuclear weaponsTrump is a Real Nuclear ThreatTrump: I Will Absolutely Use A Nuclear Weapon Against ISIS](https://thinkprogress.org/9-terrifying-things-donald-trump-has-publicly-said-about-nuclear-weapons-99f6290bc32a#.7j4dfkex3)

I think everyone should re-watch the last debate. :smiley:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=-kjyltrKZSY

I can’t watch it. The uploader has not made the video available in my country.

It’s still speculation, pure and simple. I’m not speculating about Hillary, though.

And are all those women coming forth…accusing Donald of inappropriate sexual advances - “pure speculation” :question: :laughing:

The talk was about nukes, not nookie.
Hillary trying to cover up Bill’s sexual predatory adventures, then ruining the lives of the women - not speculation either. She enabled (s) a predator and claims to be for women.
Just sayin’ - we could spar all day but in the end, never Hillary.

Sure. But the polls and experts, show she has the best chance of winning. Regardless of how we feel - about either candidate. :exclamation: :laughing:

But the North Korean leader, likes both nukes and nookie :exclamation: :laughing:

I have other problems with Donald Trump:

He has key Republican members (i.e. Ryan, the Bushes, Romney, McCain, etc.) - not supporting him. How does he expect to get anything done - with Congress?
He has viewpoints on Muslims, Minorities, etc, where he might take action. And we will have court challenges, funded my groups like the ACLU. And they will go all the way, to the supreme court.
He has no political experience.
He is alienating our European and Asian allies, with his public comments.

Hey, Hermano. Since you started this thread. Are you happy to have Trump build a wall, that Mexico pays for? :laughing: