The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Infallibility- Questions?

This site has several interesting articles. i wanted to get everyones take on this one also.

religioustolerance.org/inerran12.htm

Interesting article.

I think Bob Wilson in his section has a paper about the places Jesus seemingly did things contrary to the law.

I personally know Christian folks who are feast keepers and keep as much of the law as they can. Very committed folks. I also know some sacred namers, who will only use the names Yahshua and Yahweh. Once again, these are very devoted folks who are compelled (I assume by the Holy Spirit) to follow God’s commands in these ways.

In acts we are told of a situation about what gentile believers were required to do to be part of the church.

Actually, it is quite fascinating how different people can read the same texts and get such differing views about them. This forum is a good example of that. :smiley:

We are complex.

Hey maintenanceman- thanks for your response!!! I agree we truly are very complex indeed :smiley: I think the issue of infallibility is complex as well in that we do not have the original writings, and man being a fallible creation is prone to error, be it unintentional or otherwise. I wish a LOT more had been written about by scholars and sold in mainstream christian bookstores years back. I thank God for the internet, electeronic technology and everything that contributes to a wide range of knowledge on so much. Do you, or anyone, think the aposteles,early church fathers or any others back in those days had such a penchant for infallibility of ANY of the Scriptures??? I think because they were in prescientific age they did not have and really would not have the cognitive lens we do today to consider certain things. Such a complex things as you said

Since I am so new here, sorry if i go over old ground in the topics i present it is new to me!! :laughing: :unamused: :slight_smile: