The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Obsolete: Forum will be read-only from March onwards

Sandbox?? Doesn’t sound very hygienic. :open_mouth: :laughing:

For everyone’s benefit, I present this Wiki article at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbox_(software_development) :smiley:

A normal sandbox is usually sanitary. Unless a herd of zombie children - were playing in it. :laughing:

Hey, Dracula. You are in the wrong GIF. We are talking about zombie children - not vampires. :laughing:

Ah… a safe place.

:laughing:

Actually, he’s talking abut wolves. Who would defile your sandbox somewhat more prosaically than zombies. (Although cats would do so more specifically. But even Dracula wouldn’t be able to appreciate the music of those children of the night. :mrgreen: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m baffled. Yes, I belong to the last century, but help me out here. March when? 2017? 2018? The first post in this string is dated February 2017.

I don’t use Facebook. I did once but started worrying about the possibility of identity theft so quit.

How am I going to converse with the friends I think I made since joining December 15, 2017?

If this forum does go down, I have a forum that is still relatively new but can facilitate those users that don’t have facebook and the like.

It is also a forum favoring Universal Salvation discussions. It is located here:

thatdayandhour.info/forum/index.php

The expected date for “read-only” to commence was March of last year, but that has been put on hold indefinitely, though AFAIK could come into effect at any moment.

Several members in this thread have stated they will not use Facebook. There are other alternatives that i will list below.

Regarding where else, besides Facebook, to contact members of this site:

Paidon & steve 7150 post here:

theos.org/forum/

Many universalists post on this site, including some members of our forums here at EU:

christianforums.com/forums/ … ology.130/

I often post there & occasionally here as ClementofA:

city-data.com/forum/christianity/

Some members here (sven, Eusebius, rogertutt) have also posted at the city-data site above, though, AFAIK, not recently.

Another site that has been suggested is:

reddit.com/r/ChristianUniversalism/

I remember someone mentioned Tent Maker (tentmaker.org) - a Universist site - has a forum at tentmaker.org/forum/

Yep I’m a member there.

It was March 2017; the hosting area has allowed the engine to keep working for who knows how long.

Re funding for the site, it was not long ago several people offered to help financially. Why can’t some professional tech people be hired to get the job done (as in convert this site to a similar & permanent one) within a few days?

Re funding for the site, it was not long ago several people offered to help financially. Why can’t some professional tech people be hired to get the job done (as in convert this site to a similar & permanent one) within a few days?

I would contribute but i think Jason said it was not a money issue

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind funding someone hired professionally to port the site over. Or taking donations for it either. :wink:

[tag]Alex Smith[/tag] would have to arrange that, though. (Theoretically one of the owners or other admins could, I suppose, but he’s the one currently most familiar with the guts of the engine.)

Sorry, the forum didn’t tell me about this tag :confused: Anyway, looking into the website has been on my to-do list for ages. I had aimed to sort it out over my long service leave but other more pressing issues came up… I’ll have a chat to a web guru friend & offer to pay him to migrate us, so that at least we have up-to-date backend software & then we can figure out the moderation issues separately.

I’m very sad this wonderful website is closing…lost forever.

well, I’m willing to help and support this site financially…just dont know how to go about it.

I am also willing to donate some money to keep this place running.