The Evangelical Universalist Forum

"Christians: Defend Christian Universalism—for Charity!"

This is an article I came across that was posted yesterday - patheos.com/blogs/atheology/ … r-charity/

Anyone fancy it?

This sounds like a set-up to me.

There is really no way to convince someone of universalism if he is bound and determined to not be convinced. As Fr. Reginald Foster said, “The world is full of stupid people who are going to live and die with their stupid beliefs. What are you going to do?”

I suspect that down the road this fellow will point at his “offer” of $100 and say, “I’ve offered $100 for this specific proof of universalism, and nobody has claimed his $100. It’s really quite easy, but nobody has done it. Ergo, universalism is false.”

This is not the first time this sort of trick has been offered. For example, James Randi the magician offered prize money that could not possibly be claimed as well.

Anyone with any position could offer prize money to refute it, knowing full well that the money is as safe as can be because the standard for proof will always be just a little higher than any proof offered.

So, sorry, but no. I would not waste time on that sort of monkey-shine.

Well, Johnny. I do like Patheos a lot and read most of their articles. The Christians: Defend Christian Universalism—for Charity! is very interesting. And the contest might challenge our bright admins, moderators and contributors here.

Who are the judges :question:

He does pick a panel:

But he gives no indication, they have a diverse background.

Are they from different denominations?
Do they have different views on hell (i.e. ECT, Exile, P-Zombie, Annihilation, metaphorical, universalism)?

Or are they all Baptists that believe in ECT?

But he says things like this:

What? You have panelists? Are they the contest judges? But you are giving them direction? What gives :question: :astonished: :open_mouth: :confused:

Actually, I would like to see the bright and knowledgeable universalists here - win the contest. Or perhaps have several winners here. After all, if the Cubs can win the Worlds Series and Donald Trump can become president… :wink:

Anyway, I had a song for the trump victory. I can share it here - for universalism. :exclamation: :laughing:

While I watch the English versions, of the French 24 news and BBC news - on PBS. Get a bit of objectivity and world perspective - on Trump’s victory.

How about dedicating a song (one featured on the AMC **Walking Dead **show) :question: :laughing:

Here are the words, so you can sing along:

or

youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ4GidQP-k

Is this guy seriously for real? He’s so heavily either qualified or disqualified away the boundaries of aiōnios in said “challenge” it would hardly be worth the effort of responding.