The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Question for Mod, Admin, resident genius, etc :-)

What is the story about the founding of this Forum?

[tag]Auggybendoggy[/tag], [tag]james.goetz[/tag] and [tag]Bob Wilson[/tag] are the founders, so I’ll tag them if one or more want to tell the story (perhaps from different viewpoints).

Thx

My feeble recollection is that my son-in-law, Gene Pineda, became enamored of universalism as we discussed its’ evangelical merits, and thought there should be a site where it could be respectfully discussed and debated by evangelicals. I believe he looked into what it would take to get a web site, and checked with Robin Parry whose fine book with the site’s name had impressed us both, and I think Robin agreed to release a proto site that had promoted his book into our hands. With the great help of James Goetz and Jason Pratt, we were able to launch the site that was especially indebted to Thomas Talbott’s work as well as Robin Parry’s.

Hi Bob, hope all is well.

I think in a small way, the world is much better because of this site. Many thanks to those who started and are maintaining this web site. Ideas are being exchanged that very well may have never been talked about otherwise.

Thanks Jason.

God Bless.

Chad

Thanks guys.

Thanks JP for tagging.

Yes, Bob Wilson’s recollection is accurate. Glad to hear it’s been good for you maintenanceman.

A big thanks from me too!