The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Terms for Eternity paperback now available & on special too!

Available directly from the publisher (couldn’t see paperback on Amazon yet :confused: ) for less than half the price of hardcover!
gorgiaspress.com/bookshop/p … texts.aspx

And if you sign-in to their site, there’s a 40% special on at the moment (but think it ends tonight?) :sunglasses:

I bought it from them (shipping took a while). Just started reading it the other night. Pretty technical but I think it will be very interesting.

Josh

Cool! Please feel free to post interesting quotes from it :sunglasses:

Does anybody else feel wierd that it cost money to find out what the Word of God means?
Maybe it is just me :slight_smile:

Nah, writing and publishing a book costs thousands – and oxen have to eat. That said, I was considering buying this book, but at over $45 for a discounted paperback, this one’s obviously reserved for the passionate (or deep-pocketed).

Josh, I’d love to hear your final thoughts when you finish reading it.

Yes, I have quite a few friends who sell their books for the cost of publishing, but then they never have the means to do a reprint, and so you end up having to wait forever to get a copy (most of them now do Kindle, some at my suggestion, she bragged) :wink:

So I don’t really think selling the book for nothing is a practical idea. But $45 is more than I want to pay, too.

Did Jesus ever sell His teachings?

Yeshua didn’t write or publish a single book – that comes with significantly less overheads.

Given it’s probably the summary of hundreds of hours of research on a significant topic (& I know at least one of the authors has spent 13 years working on something extremely important to EU), $45 is a bargin, in fact I probably should’ve bought the hardcover to show my support :blush: Obviously I’m not going to buy every book, but I do want to encourage authors/researchers furthering the cause :mrgreen:

I know, right? Think of all those Bibles sold where scholars translate terms into English after doing their best to figure out what the autographs originally said, and then sometimes comment about what it means in the margin! I can’t believe I paid actual money for my Key-Word Study Bible version of the New American Standard with AMG’s Word Studies! I ought to just travel for free to Mount Athos and pray over some of collected texts there, since I wasn’t born with the ability to read Greek and Hebrew and a little Aramaic/Chaldee. (Although I think they prefer donations to be able to do that. But I can get within a few dozen yards of the texts for free!–and get a free meal of fish and bread from the monastery, too! :slight_smile: )

Some of the monks there might tell me what the word of God means for free, though. Who knows?

{/sarcasm}

Actually many churches give away Bibles for free without requesting donations. :slight_smile: C’mon, though, you gotta admit that people use religion to make big bucks. Isn’t that your impression when you turn on the religious TV station?

Um…The Church assembly still buys those books with the tithes and offerings of it’s members. They give them for free and don’t need to ask donations because other gullible people’s money paid for it already.

Just get it at the library. That’s tax money, though!

Unless the publishers are using their own money (that they earn through non donation means) to distribute free bibles, there is no such thing as a free bible and all publishers are making profit on their ‘god’ books.

Nothing is free in this life. Even the freedom that Christ gives us costed him his life.

Unless you go to the library!

Then public taxes are being used and you are still paying for it.