The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How Would You Respond To Someone Like This?

youtube.com/watch?v=NKhkpdX … be&t=1h13s

Starting at 1:00:13!

By the way this is Dr James White. Known Calvinist Apologetic!

Okay, I listened to a little of it. Could you explain exactly what it is that you’re having a controversy with? For myself, I see the whole thing from a different angle and while I agree that this passage denotes universalism, I don’t see it the way he sees it at all. It would be hard (and take a long time) to explain all of this here, and I’d probably miss your point of concern entirely if I tried to guess at it. So–if you’d like to be a little more specific, that would help a lot.

Well he says that the Bible doesn’t teach Universalism so I was wondering how does one approach a scholar like James White in a EU POV that it does? Sorry I thought that someone would have picked up on what he said should have made myself clear.

If you want to know, how different theological scholars - argue their positions on hell and give rebuttals…then just read the book Four Views on Hell at amazon.com/Four-Views-Hell-Counterpoints-Theology/dp/0310516463/. In the US, you can probably obtain it - via the Inter-library loan program.