I'm Now An EU

Arguments/positions in defense of Evangelical Universalism.

I'm Now An EU

Postby JamesAH81072 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:05 pm

Might as well announce it. After some studying EU sources,the Greek grammar and vocabulary which supports EU it became clear that EU is true and became an evangelical uni. The journey was long. 40+ years as an ECT supporter to EU :o
JamesAH81072
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Re: I'm Now An EU

Postby JasonPratt » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:50 am

Hey, I think I saw you posting on one of the Facebook forums, too. If so, you can add the link to this thread. 8-)

Also, glad if we were of any help in that. :)

Now go evangelize both of the Great Gospel Assurances! -- you can trust God to save from sin whomever He intends to save; and you can trust that God certainly intends to save you from sin, whoever 'you' are (I mean that you're talking to).
Cry of Justice -- 2008 Novel of the Year (CSPA retailer poll).
Sword To The Heart -- metaphysical argument to orthodox trinitarianism (and thence to universalism)
Trinitarian universalist exegetics, on internet radio, or here in forum posts.
User avatar
JasonPratt
Administrator
 
Posts: 9815
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:08 pm
Location: Dyer, TN

Re: I'm Now An EU

Postby Cindy Skillman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 pm

Congratulations, James! :D
. . . we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of everyone, especially of those who believe. (1 Timothy 4:10)

http://www.journeyintotheson.com
User avatar
Cindy Skillman
Administrator
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 am
Location: South Dakota, USA

Re: I'm Now An EU

Postby Hewillcome2040 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 am

JamesAH81072 wrote:Might as well announce it. After some studying EU sources,the Greek grammar and vocabulary which supports EU it became clear that EU is true and became an evangelical uni. The journey was long. 40+ years as an ECT supporter to EU :o


What is the difference between an Evangelical UNI and other UNIs?

I don't like labels much but do know that I believe in universal salvation. I do not believe in unconditional salvation since I believe that the Lord brings about the conditions. So I can understand why some are labeled differently.
Hewillcome2040
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: I'm Now An EU

Postby JamesAH81072 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 am

Hewillcome2040 wrote:
JamesAH81072 wrote:Might as well announce it. After some studying EU sources,the Greek grammar and vocabulary which supports EU it became clear that EU is true and became an evangelical uni. The journey was long. 40+ years as an ECT supporter to EU :o


What is the difference between an Evangelical UNI and other UNIs?

I don't like labels much but do know that I believe in universal salvation. I do not believe in unconditional salvation since I believe that the Lord brings about the conditions. So I can understand why some are labeled differently.


EU's are Trinitarian(most are,)believe that all roads don't lead to Christ(unlike Unitarian Uni's)and we believe in a literal Lake Of Fire as punishment(unlike some UU's who don't believe in a literal punishment).
JamesAH81072
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Re: I'm Now An EU

Postby Hewillcome2040 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 pm

JamesAH81072 wrote:
EU's are Trinitarian(most are,)believe that all roads don't lead to Christ(unlike Unitarian Uni's)and we believe in a literal Lake Of Fire as punishment(unlike some UU's who don't believe in a literal punishment).


I would say then that I'm not an EU since I don't believe in the Trinity. I'm not sure I believe in a literal lake of fire but I don't discount it either. I do believe in a literal punishment.
Hewillcome2040
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: I'm Now An EU

Postby qaz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:27 pm

I lean towards ultra universalism, which means no postmortem punishment. However, I think that if there is punishment, it's not physical torment like literal fire.
qaz
 
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:51 am

Re: I'm Now An EU

Postby JasonPratt » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:21 am

Not all purgatorials believe in a literal volcanic (or similarly otherwise) "lake of fire". Some do (like Elhannan Winchester), but most of us consider that a poetic description for something else (like God's wrath generally or God's presence more specifically).

There are Christian unitarian universalists, including some here on the forum, who aren't religious pluralists (unlike the Unitarian Universalist organization generally, although they do have Christian and even trinitarian Christian congregations sometimes).

I don't really consider "evangelical universalism" to be a very helpful description, but it was the title of Dr. Parry's book which the forum was created to invite him as a guest author for, and broadly it involves Protestant conservative Christian universalism. (Within the broadness of "conservative" as well as "Protestant". ;) ) Thus for practical purposes we tend to include conservative Protestant non-trinitarians within the label.
Cry of Justice -- 2008 Novel of the Year (CSPA retailer poll).
Sword To The Heart -- metaphysical argument to orthodox trinitarianism (and thence to universalism)
Trinitarian universalist exegetics, on internet radio, or here in forum posts.
User avatar
JasonPratt
Administrator
 
Posts: 9815
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:08 pm
Location: Dyer, TN


Return to Discussion Affirmative

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests