The Evangelical Universalist Forum

I'm Now An EU

Might as well announce it. After some studying EU sources,the Greek grammar and vocabulary which supports EU it became clear that EU is true and became an evangelical uni. The journey was long. 40+ years as an ECT supporter to EU :astonished:

Hey, I think I saw you posting on one of the Facebook forums, too. If so, you can add the link to this thread. :sunglasses:

Also, glad if we were of any help in that. :slight_smile:

Now go evangelize both of the Great Gospel Assurances! – you can trust God to save from sin whomever He intends to save; and you can trust that God certainly intends to save you from sin, whoever ‘you’ are (I mean that you’re talking to).

Congratulations, James! :smiley:

What is the difference between an Evangelical UNI and other UNIs?

I don’t like labels much but do know that I believe in universal salvation. I do not believe in unconditional salvation since I believe that the Lord brings about the conditions. So I can understand why some are labeled differently.

EU’s are Trinitarian(most are,)believe that all roads don’t lead to Christ(unlike Unitarian Uni’s)and we believe in a literal Lake Of Fire as punishment(unlike some UU’s who don’t believe in a literal punishment).

I would say then that I’m not an EU since I don’t believe in the Trinity. I’m not sure I believe in a literal lake of fire but I don’t discount it either. I do believe in a literal punishment.

Not all purgatorials believe in a literal volcanic (or similarly otherwise) “lake of fire”. Some do (like Elhannan Winchester), but most of us consider that a poetic description for something else (like God’s wrath generally or God’s presence more specifically).

There are Christian unitarian universalists, including some here on the forum, who aren’t religious pluralists (unlike the Unitarian Universalist organization generally, although they do have Christian and even trinitarian Christian congregations sometimes).

I don’t really consider “evangelical universalism” to be a very helpful description, but it was the title of Dr. Parry’s book which the forum was created to invite him as a guest author for, and broadly it involves Protestant conservative Christian universalism. (Within the broadness of “conservative” as well as “Protestant”. :wink: ) Thus for practical purposes we tend to include conservative Protestant non-trinitarians within the label.