The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Final thoughts

In another thread, Bob Wilson said:

As what seems to be the last day to be able to post on this forum, (until it possible is re opened somewhere else) I was wondering what, if anything, others might have gleaned from your time on this forum?

For me personally, I have been exposed to thoughts and ideas that in my wildest notions, would never have been exposed to by merely going to any of my local churches. Ideas, both good and bad, challenge us. I have been challenged here.

And that is good.

I for one have come to appreciate everyone on this forum, even those who have differing paradigms than mine. IMO it is a good thing to think and to be made to think and to enjoy robust discussion. We donā€™t have all the answers, but it has been good nutting some of this stuff out with you all. :sunglasses:

BLESSINGS!!

I think it was:

Getting involved, in discussions of philosophy and theology.
Getting exposed to some ā€œfar outā€ or ā€œtwilight Zoneā€ theology. And then trying to get folks, to explain what their theology is really saying. Although most were probably, down to earth.
Exposing folks to Holy Fool, P-Zombie and Zombie culture.

We should have a going away song :exclamation: :laughing:

[size=130]Sharing on this forum has be a joy, an experience, and an education for me!

I just pray that Godā€™s richest blessing be upon you all, and that He will overwhelm you with His LOVE![/size]

What youā€™ve all said above +1 :smiley:

Hasta la vista everyone, itā€™s been awesome. I really enjoyed it, sorry to see it end! Happy trails to you, until we meet again!

I wish all of you dear friends who have provided much stimulation and encouragement, Godā€™s best blessings.
Grace be with you,
Bob Wilson

I wonder what notification there will be if/when this arises again in this or another configuration?

FWIW, most of the studies and papers posted on my forum page indicate my email address. Thus assuming such material continues to be available, I would continue to welcome questions and discussion that arises by using my email address.

The doctrine of Christian universalism is so plainly the teaching of the Bible and of the Eastern Orthodox liturgy, I can only shake my head at the obstinacy I see in holding to belief in never-ending Hell.

Itā€™s logical since mankind received curses because Adam sinned and he represented us and so since Jesus is greater then Adam then why shouldnā€™t Jesus be capable of delivering salvation for mankind and act as mankindā€™s representative as Adam was?

Not everyone finds it so plain. Thatā€™s why since the middle ages, Christendom in general teaches eternal torment. Most Christians see eternal torment as the ā€œplainā€ teaching of the Bible.

Geoffrey wrote:
The doctrine of Christian universalism is so plainly the teaching of the Bibleā€¦

Not everyone finds it so plain. Thatā€™s why since the middle ages, Christendom in general teaches eternal torment. Most Christians see eternal torment as the ā€œplainā€ teaching of the Bible.
Paidion

Back to square 1 which is simply the translation of a precious few words that imply eternal hell or universal salvation? Funny that this gigantic gulf is governed by the translation and meaning of a half a dozen ambiguous greek words.

1 Like

I realized that I am not alone. I thought I had lost my mind. Being part of this forum has introduced me to good books and good music but mostly to good people. Iā€™ve realized that letting go of those ideas that have been chiseled into our minds is a difficult thing and the grooves are worn down slowly. Itā€™s caused me to venture toward a more progressive idea of Christianity and it has brought me back to my roots in a lot of ways. Iā€™m still not convinced in UR but Iā€™m still hopeful and thatā€™s probably all Iā€™ll ever be. I have become more liberal, but only in my love for others who are not like me. Oh and yeah I believe the Bible more than ever. I thought Iā€™d have to give it up to accept UR but that has not been the case. I had this thought the other day, ā€œIf every breath that we inhale is perceived as a gift then every breath we exhale will be a praise.ā€ This is where I am right now and a credit this site and you people among other sites and people with being a path on the journey. Stay in One Peace and Love to All.

Mike

Maybe Iā€™m missing something here. I thought this forum was read only - from March onward. Isnā€™t March 1, 2017, in March? :wink:

Holy Fool,

You are relying on the illusion that you are subjectively experiencing. The forum is read only, and you need to trust what is objective and written :wink:

Maybe Iā€™m missing something here. I thought this forum was read only - from March onward. Isnā€™t March 1, 2017, in March? :wink:

You are living in a parallel universe!

Hmmmmā€¦ This wouldnā€™t be February 29, would it?

That would be quite a ā€˜leapā€™ :laughing:

My understanding was that the forum was only going to stop accepting new members on March 1. It wouldnā€™t be frozen until sometime in April.

I didnā€™t post very much on this forum but I am thankful that I was able to come across this site on my spiritual journey.

Thank you and God bless.