The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Exciting Implications of Everyone Being a Child of God

I really excited to explain something that has been genuinely life-changing for me. I hope you find it encouraging too.

“basically when treating others we should ask ourselves, “Would I do that to my little sister or brother?””

I just noticed you are a Tazzie-boy…where in Taz? Feeling the southerlies yet?

:mrgreen:

I am indeed, looking forward to the days getting longer again too :slight_smile:

After presenting a case for everyone being children of God, it’s now time to look at objections. The first being, what happens if we disown our Father in Heaven? I hope you find this helpful.

The apostle John seemed to think that there are two classes: the children of God and the children of the devil:

By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. (1 John 3:10 ESV)

IMHO I think God is the source of all life, we are all his children. Just because the prodigal son was in a far away land and acting like the devil, did not make him any less a child of his father.

It would be like my saying to my wife when one of my daughters acts up “she’s just like you”. That does not mean that my daughter is no longer my child and that I therefore hold no responsibility to her. I am still and always will be her father.

Like I said, God is the source of all life, the devil is only a liar and a deceiver who would try to make all humanity forget who their Father truly is and make them live in their own hell on earth.

And in John’s quote that you used, I believe John is just pointing out that just saying one is a follower of Christ is not right thinking, our action must reflect our position. As a child of the King, I must live to a higher standard and not behave like the commoner that I was fooled to believe I was.

I don’t know if that makes any sense to you…

Anyways, that’s my two cents for what it’s worth, and I’m sticking with it… :wink: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

And by the way your doing a great job on your series Alex. I’m loving every part.

Yes, John made a clear distinction between the two.
Of course, that is not to say that the children of the devil will always remain the children of the devil. They can and will come out of the devil’s domain and become the children of God—until God is all in all!

Looks like the Pope read my blog post :wink:

And yet there are universalists, including me, who believe a literal hell/Hades still exists–where dead people reside as POWs under the influence of Satan (Rev. 20:13-14), to be followed by a literal lake of fire–God’s place of remedial correction, originally planned for the devil and his angels (Mt. 24:41).

My impression from https://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2018/03/there-is-no-hell-new-francis-revelation.html (quotes below) was that’s he’s an annihilationist, which I didn’t think was common among RCCs?

Unfortunately, it sounds like he’s ruling out hell being a place of remedial correction too, Hermano :frowning:

Well… that position is at least superior to that of the infernalists.

1 Like