The Evangelical Universalist Forum

SNIPPETS FROM MY HARD COPY UR LIBRARY

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #3

GRACE OVERWHELMS

What I perceive to be a basic issue.

People who don’t think salvation is 100% by God, not just 100% “provided” by God like to be in the hands of their own “free” will. That is where they feel most secure.

IMO, that is a basic difference between ETers and URs.

Just like in the case of Lydia (whose heart the Lord opened, Acts 16:14) and Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9:1-8), our cooperation to be saved is the result, not the cause, of God laying hold on us by His sovereign grace and causing Jesus to be “choice” in our heart.

The timing of the salvation of everyone is under God’s sovereign control, some sooner, the rest later.

HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE - James Coram
CHOOSING WHAT IS CHOICE
biblical studies: His Achievement Are We - Part 9 - Choosing What Is Choice
concordant.org/expohtml/HisA … nt009.html
“No one to whom Christ is not yet choice can choose Christ.
And Christ cannot be choice to anyone to whom He has not yet been made choice.
When He is made choice He becomes choice and so is choice; or to say the same thing, He is chosen.
This first act of the believer in which Christ is consciously chosen, is merely a consequence of his new mental preference which has been graciously granted to him by God.”

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #4

ARMINIAN ETERNAL TORMENT BELIEF VERSUS CALVINIST ETERNAL TORMENT BELIEF

ARMINIAN ET BELIEF - It’s as if God says
“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever.”

Christ’s apparent mission: To save from eternal torment only those who are lucky enough to hear about Jesus before they die, and also are smart enough to properly cooperate with Him before they die.

CALVINIST ET BELIEF - It’s as if God says
“Since there is nothing you can do about it because you are totally depraved and you are not one of the elect, it is obvious that I created most of you for the purpose of torturing you forever. However, I am going to choose a few of you to go to heaven where you will be happy forever.”

Christ’s apparent mission: To let everyone suffer eternal torment without any say in the matter, except the few He rescues by His irresistible grace.

Robert Southy (1774 -1843) wrote, “In the worst and bloodiest idolatry that ever defiled the earth, there is nothing so horrid, so monstrous, and so impious as Calvinism.”

UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION BELIEF (mine) – God says
“Sooner or later, because of what Christ accomplished by His death and resurrection, I am going to save all of you from everything from which you need to be saved, including your stubborn will.”

Christ’s scriptural mission: ‘And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world’ (1John 4:14).

I worship a Jesus Who will be completely successful in accomplishing the reason why His Father sent Him.

Christ was prophesied to take away the sin of the world (Jn. 1:29), so how then can a sinless world suffer everlasting punishment in the lake of fire?! How absurd! Christ is the Saviour of the world (Jn. 4:42; 1Jn. 4:14), and He will save it!"

My advice, don’t put your faith in your faith. Your faith may, and probably will be misplaced from time to time, especially if you are having faith in your self.
Put your faith in Jesus Christ instead, because even if He casts you into the lake of fire which is the second death it will include the age-during corrective chastisement that He has promised to everyone who needs it.

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #5

A.E. KNOCH

One of the great Christian Biblical Universalist of the last century was A.E. Knoch.

My attitude towards the frequent threats of believers in eternal torment is summed up beautifully by his response.

An eternal torment critic said “Mr. Knoch and his colleagues will yet have to answer to God for so defiantly opposing the plain teachings of God’s holy word.”

In reply A.E. Knoch wrote:

"Let me assure our brother, beloved by the Lord, that we fully expect to answer to God for all our acts, and will rejoice to see all that is not of God destroyed by the fiery test of that day. But such threats do not alarm us in the least. We know a God of transcendent grace. It is only natural for one who thinks Him capable of tormenting His own creatures eternally, to seek to follow His example, and torture His servants here and now. Indeed, it would be strange if it were not so.

The character of the God you worship will determine your ways and your words. We trust it will be so with us also, for we would delight to be like Him. Hence, we do not threaten you with His wrath, but commend you to His grace.

Perhaps no sin can be so great as to distort His words and defame His character. But His grace is superbly sufficient, His love is lavish in its long-suffering. It never lapses, but looks longingly for the reconciliation which is the justification and crown of all His ways with His creatures.

So, as we close with the absolute certainty of a reconciliation between us, we anticipate it on our part and throw all enmity aside. We are conciliated no matter what you do. We recall with joy and satisfaction the great truth that, by God’s grace, it is impossible for you to enter into condemnation, no matter how much you may offend Him (Rom.8:1) and the still greater truth that we are saved for grace (Eph.2:8). While your words and ways have seemed to us to be offensively unlike His, this only gives greater ground for grace. This of itself justifies them, for grace must have a foil.

We close, then, with a prayer for such an outpouring of His grace on your own head as will force you to feel the affection which is found in Him for all the creatures of His hand and heart." A.E. Knoch

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #6

AION – AIONIOS

In the first three chapters of Ephesians, (a key book regarding God’s plan for man relative to the fullness of the times) aion is used seven times. And out of those seven, the KJV has chosen five different English words (“ages,” “course,” “end,” “eternal,” and “world” to translate this one word.

And to add to this confusion, it translates the Greek word genea (generation), a totally different word, twice as “ages.”

Talk about confusion compounded!

Is it any wonder the church has been blinded from God’s truth about the purpose of His judgments and His eonian plan to save all fallen creatures?!

Simply put, the Scriptures do not take up the philosophical concept of eternity, but rather speak of eons and that which pertains to them. Of course God’s glory exceeds the eons, but His glory is reflected by His Son during the eons as they are presented in Scripture.

No two words in the history of man have been so torturing as aion and aionion. No two words in the history of man, mishandled by man, have contributed more to the physical, emotional and spiritual harm of so many, than these. You may think I must be exaggerating. But I am not. It is the mistranslation of these two words that has foisted the false and destructive doctrine of eternal torment upon the church and the world.

Mistranslation of the Greek words “aion” and “aionion” is a master stroke of diabolical genius. No other words erroneously translated, could more effectively pervert man’s image of God and cause such widespread confusion. The following work by Joseph E. Kirk is offered in the hope that the serious seeker after scriptural truth will be aided in their quest.
CHART OF GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
saviourofall.org/Tracts/Eons2.html

Also see
AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
tentmaker.org/books/asw/index.html
(especially note the quotes by the many Greek scholars in chapters three and twelve)

AIÓN – AIÓNIOS
tentmaker.org/books/Aion_lim.html

The etymology of the Greek word aionios does not contain the meaning of everlasting.

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #7

ALL IN ALL – A.E. Knoch

A.E. Knoch’s book ALL IN ALL
Richard Condon’s detailed rebuttal of Don Hewey’s criticisms of A.E Knoch’s ALL IN ALL can be read at
tentmaker.org/contending.htm
They are the very same arguments Don used against A. C. Thomas and E. H. Lake.

Regarding the book ALL IN ALL by A.E. Knoch. In spite of the claim that there are contradictions in it, and in spite of “cult-buster” Don Hewey’s other attempts to discredit it, (arguments to which Richard Condon has responded), ALL IN ALL remains, in my opinion, one of the best of all the many books that I have read in support of the Bible teaching universal transformation.

Don Hewey is a believer in the inspiration of the King James Version. When he accuses A.E. Knoch of “contradicting the Bible,” in many cases what he really means is that A.E. Knoch contradicts the KJV, because the Concordant Translation does not rely on the Received Text from which the KJV was translated. Don Hewey therefore also attacks the RSV, the NIV, and other modern translations. For this reason much of what Don writes just doesn’t make any sense.

As far as Knoch calling the life that Lazarus will be raised to as it being eonian and unending, it is both. Lazarus will have unending life and that life will allow him to live through the oncoming eons which is called '“eonian life.”

But even if Don Hewey’s criticisms had any merit, (and Richard Condon proves they don’t), they would still not detract from the fact that this book proves that the Bible teaches universal salvation, not eternal torment, or even annihilation.

Richard Condon’s detailed rebuttal of Don Hewey’s criticisms of ALL IN ALL can be read at
tentmaker.org/contending.htm
They are the very same arguments Don used against A. C. Thomas and E. H. Lake.

ALL IN ALL by A.E. Knoch (222 pages)
Concordant Publishing Concern
concordant.org/
Introduction:
“The blood of Christ is the basis of all blessing. The purpose of God determines human destiny. It does not depend on our deserts. The plan or process of God during the eons or ages must be distinguished from His purpose which will not be fully accomplished until the eons are past. Herein lies the difference between the teaching of the Scriptures and the accepted creeds of Christendom.

The believer suffers in the current era because of sin, but will be released in the resurrection at the presence of Christ. The unbeliever will have affliction and anguish for his sins in the judgment, but he also becomes reconciled to God at the consummation, through the blood of Christ’s cross. (Col.1-20).

Universal reconciliation is the glorious goal toward which all leads. All of God’s purpose is achieved through Him Who is the Alpha and the Omega (Rev.1:8). “In Him the entire complement delights to dwell, and through Him [God delights] to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens” (Col.1:19,20)

The terms translated “forever” and “everlasting” and “never” are human perversions which could never have deceived us if they had been consistently rendered. They denote definite divisions of time called ages or eons. All together they form a distinct portion of time called eonian times. Much in our common creeds is true if confined within the eons, but it is most malignant error when forced beyond the eons.

Since judgment is not eternal, but eonian, we may accept all the solemn threats of death and condemnation without reservation, while happily exulting in God’s grand goal to which all His labors lead: that God may be All in All (1Cor.15:28).”

ALL IN ALL can be read on the internet here

Copy and paste the following url into the server address bar or click on
lighthouselibrary.com/read.p … or=||KNOCH, ADOLPH E||&type=&what=author

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #8

ARGUMENTS

I believe that the Bible teaches that sooner or later God is going to save everyone from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will.

Everyone will choose to believe whatever they are convinced is the truth about what the Bible teaches.

I’m just so glad that I learned about the following information because it enabled me to recover from a twelve year nervous breakdown (1966-78).
I’m 75 years old now.

People who can love an “eternal torment” or “annihilationist” god will not be interested in the following information
Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever?
godfire.net/eby/circularity.html

But people who cannot love an “eternal torment” or “annihilationist” god will discover that all of the arguments against the Bible teaching universal salvation have been refuted in the following links.

Copy and paste one of the following titles into Google

THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD SERIES
godfire.net/eby/saviour_of_the_world.html

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST
sigler.org/slagle/absolute.htm

BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
tentmaker.org/books/BibleThr … ained.html

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
tentmaker.org/FAQ/index.html

INFORMATION ON HELL AND UNIVERSAL SALVATION
tentmaker.org/bloglinks.htm

UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY
richardwaynegarganta.com/universalsalvation.htm

AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS
tentmaker.org/books/asw/index.html

THE SCHOLARS CORNER THE CENTER FOR BIBLE STUDIES IN CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM
tentmaker.org/ScholarsCorner.html

Also Google up TENTMAKER, and at the top of the front page type a key word or phrase from any argument or scripture passage into the search engine. Ten articles will come up refuting the claim that the Bible teaches eternal torment or annihilation. Then click to the next page and ten more articles will come up, and so on and so on for many pages.
The link to TENTMAKER is
tentmaker.org/

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #9

For anyone who might be interested.

Will Jesus Torture Billions Forever?
godfire.net/eby/circularity.html

If you cannot love an eternal torment god
For the first 500 years after Christ, universalism was the prevailing doctrine believed and taught by the Christian church.

Universalism The Prevailing Doctrine Of The Christian Church During Its First Five Hundred Years
tentmaker.org/books/Prevailing.html

The author, J.W. Hanson wrote “The purpose of this book is to present the evidence of the prevalence in the early centuries of the Christian church, of the doctrine of the final holiness of all mankind. The author believes that the following pages show that Universal Restitution was the faith of the early Christians for at least the First Five Hundred Years of the Christian era. He has aimed to present irrefragable proofs that the doctrine of Universal Salvation was the prevalent sentiment of the primitive Christian church.
The salient statements and facts in all which will be found in these pages show that the most and ablest of the early fathers found the deliverance of all mankind from sin and sorrow specifically revealed in the Christian Scriptures.”

And they were reading the Bible in its original language!

TRACING UNIVERSALIST THOUGHT THROUGH CHURCH HISTORY
Well known Christian church leaders who believed and taught Biblical universalism.
Including a link to a separate list of famous people embracing Christian universalism.
tentmaker.org/tracts/Universalists.html

THE WRITINGS OF DOZENS OF TEACHERS OF CHRISTIAN BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM
THE MAIN LIBRARY AND IN THE GARDEN
web.archive.org/web/201107132242 … /gtft.org/

THREE TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
auburn.edu/~allenkc/articles2.html
tgulcm.tripod.com/cu/univart.html
theherald…org/Library.htm

THE ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF THE DOCTRINE OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT
tentmaker.org/books/OriginandHistory.html

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #10

CONSEQUENCES OF THE ETERNAL TORMENT DOCTRINE

I’m 75 years old. The idea that God lets anyone suffer forever has caused me more suffering, including a twelve year nervous breakdown 1966-78, than all the other sufferings of my life combined.

This suffering was caused by the fear produced by not being able to love a god who would let anyone suffer forever and wondering what this god would do to me for not being able to love him. Even though I was and am trusting for my salvation in what Jesus accomplished by His death and resurrection, through the power in the blood of His cross, I was, and still am unable to love a god who would let anyone suffer forever. Here are testimonies similar to mine.

tentmaker.org/articles/hells_fruit.html

greater-emmanuel.org/Hope4You/consequences.html

If you are like me and cannot love a god who would let anyone suffer forever, you can copy and paste (if necessary) the following urls into the address bar and find out that a literally (not interpretively) translated Bible actually teaches universal salvation, not even annihilation.

Copy and paste into Google
THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD SERIES – J. Preston Eby
If necessary, copy and paste the following urls into the address bar.
tentmaker.org/articles/savio … larity.htm

At the top and bottom of that same THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD page, there is the following link to fourteen other writings in the same series that deal with the many aspects of this same subject.
tentmaker.org/articles/savio … /index.htm

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #11

The meaning of words that have been translated as “eternal”, “forever”, “incurable” in the scriptures

Sodom’s fiery judgment is “eternal” (Jude
7)–until–God “will restore the fortunes of Sodom”
Ez. 16:53-55).

Israel’s “affliction is incurable” (Jer.
30:12)-until–the Lord “will restore health” and heal
her wounds (Jer. 30:17).

The sin of Samaria “is incurable” (Mic. 1:9)-until–
Lord “will restore … the fortunes of Samaria.” (Ez.
16:53).

An Ammonite or Moabite is forbidden to enter the
Lord’s congregation “forever”-until–the tenth
generation (Deut. 23:3):

Habakkuk tells us of mountains that were
“everlasting”, that is -until-- they “were shattered”
Hab. 3 3:6).

The Aaronic Priesthood was to be an “everlasting”
priesthood (Ex. 40:15), that is-until-it was
superseded by the Melchizedek Priesthood (Hebrews
7:14-18).

Many translations of the Bible inform us that God
would dwell in Solomon’s Temple “forever” (1 Kings
8:13), that is,–until the Temple was destroyed.

The Law of Moses was to be an “everlasting covenant”
(Leviticus 24:8) yet we read in the New Covenant the
first was “done away” and “abolished” (2 Corinthians
3:11,13), and God “made the first old” (Hebrews 8:13).

God’s waves of wrath roll over Jonah
“forever”-until–the Lord delivers him from the large
fish’s belly on the third day (Jonah 2:6,10; 1: 17);

Egypt and Elam will “rise no more” (Jer.
25:27)-until–the Lord will “restore the fortunes of
Egypt” (Ez. 29:14) and “restore the fortunes of Elam”
(Jer. 49:39).

“Moab is destroyed” (Jer. 48:4, 42)-until–the Lord
“will restore the fortunes of Moab” (Jer. 48:47).

Israel’s judgment lasts “forever”-until–the Spirit is
poured out and God restores it (Isa. 32:13-15).

So, narrow is the way to life and few find it-until–
His church confiscates the “strong man’s” booty,
setting the captives free so God becomes all in all
(Isa. 61, Luke 11:21-22, Matt. 7:13; 16:18, 1 Cor.
15:24-28).

The King James Bible, as well as many others, tells us
that a bondslave was to serve his master “forever”
(Exodus 21:6), that is,–until–his death.

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #12

Authors from the hard copy UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION library of Rodger Tutt

BOOKS WITH SPINES (NO STAPLES)

1. REDEMPTION ALL IN ALL – RAY PRINZING
  2. ALL IN ALL - A.E. KNOCH
  3. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL AND THE JUDGMENTS OF GOD – A.E. KNOCH
  4. THE INESCAPABLE LOVE OF GOD – THOMAS TALBOTT
  5. A TREATISE ON ATONEMENT – HOSEA BALLOU
  6. SALVATOR MUNDI: OR, IS CHRIST THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN? – SAMUEL COX
  7. GOD’S RULES FOR SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATION AND MAN’S PLACE IN GOD’S PURPOSE – CHARLES J. PEART
  8. THE PURPOSE OF GOD’S WILL – GUY MARKS
  9. A CLOUD OF WITNESSES – J.W. HANSON
  10. TRUTH AS I SEE IT – W.F. SALTER
  11. A SHORT HELP AND INCENTIVE TO AN UNBIASED INQUIRY INTO THE SCRIPTURE TRUTH OF UNIVERSALISM OR THE FINAL RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS – R. ROE
  12. THE FIVE SMOOTH STONES OF THE KINGDOM – IRENE LINDSAY
  13. TIME AND ETERNITY- G.T. STEVENSON
  14. THE DIVINE DESTINY – K. ROSS MCKAY
  15. IS HELL ETERNAL? – MIKKEL DAHL AND JON R. WELKER
  16. THE DOCTRINE OF ETERNAL TORMENTS OVERTHROWN – THOMAS WHITTEMORE
  17. THE GREEK WORD AION – AIONIOS TRANSLATED EVERLASTING – ETERNAL IN THE HOLY BIBLE SHOWN TO DENOTE LIMITED DURATION – JOHN WESLEY HANSON
  18. A LETTER OF THE CELEBRATED JOHN FOSTER TO A YOUNG MINISTER ON THE DURATION OF FUTURE PUNISHMENT AND AN EARNEST APPEAL TO THE AMERICAN TRACT SOCIETY IN REGARDS TO THE CHARACTER OF ITS PUBLICATIONS – JOHN FOSTER
  19. IS HELL ETERNAL OR WILL GOD’S PLAN FAIL - CHARLES H. PRIDGEON
  20. THE GOSPEL FROM OUTER SPACE – ROBERT SHORT
  21. THE GREAT REVELATION OR GOD’S LOVE, PURPOSE AND PLAN – JOHN H. PATON
  22. AN ANALYTICAL STUDY OF WORDS – LOUIS ABBOTT
  23. DARE WE HOPE THAT ALL MEN BE SAVED – HANS URS VON BALTHASAR
  24. GOD’S ULTIMATE – A.E. SAXBY
  25. A SPIRITUAL AUTOBIOGRAPHY – WILLIAM BARCLAY
  26. THE GOSPEL OF OUR SALVATION – ADLAI LOUDY
  27. CHRIST TRIUMPHANT – THOMAS ALLIN
  28. THE ANCIENT HISTORY OF UNIVERSALISM – HOSEA BALLOU
  29. THE MODERN HISTORY OF UNIVERSALISM – THOMAS WHITTEMORE
  30. RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – ANDREW JUKES
  31. YOU SAID IT LORD – ALINE TALSMA
  32. THOUGHTS ON THE DIVINE GOODNESS RELATIVE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF MORAL AGENTS PARTICULARLY DISPLAYED IN FUTURE REWARDS AND PUNISHMENTS – FERDINAND OLIVER PETITPIERRE
  33. HOPE BEYOND HELL – GERRY BEAUCHEMIN
  34. AT THE END OF THE AGES THE ABOLITION OF HELL – BOB EVELY
  35. THE RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS OR A VINDICATION OF THE GRACE OF GOD TO BE MANIFESTED AT LAST IN THE RECOVERY OF HIS WHOLE CREATION OUT OF THEIR FALL – JEREMIAH WHITE
  36. THE GREAT DELVERANCE – GUY MARKS
  37. UNION – JAMES RELLY
  38. THE UNIVERSAL RESTORATION – ELHANAN WINCHESTER
  39. THE JUST JUDGMENT OF GOD – JAMES CORAM
  40. GRACIOUS GOSPEL BOOK FOUR – SHERWOOD MICHAEL
  41. HOW TO KEEP 0N LIVING – DUSEAN BERKICH
  42. THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL – PAUL SIEGVOLCK

BOOKS WITH STAPLES

1. TIME, ETERNITY AND GOD – REDEMPTION’S GLORY – RAY PRINZING
  2. THE MAGNITUDE OF REDEMPTION – RAY PRINZING
  3. THE INTERPLAY OF GOOD AND EVIL – RAY PRINZING
  4. DIVINE INWORKINGS – ALL IN ALL – RAY PRINZING
  5. THE UNENDING TRIUMPH OF JESUS CHRIST – ED GREGORY
  6. THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. ADAMS
  7. THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MANKIND - JOSEPH KIRK, WILLIAM C. REBMANN, DEAN HOUGH, AND JAMES CORAM
  8. ETERNAL TORMENT OR UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION – A.E. KNOCH
  9. CREATION, REDMPTION AND THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – GEORGE R. HAWTIN
  10. EONIAN - EVERLASTING OR AGE-LASTING – GRACE H. TODD
  11. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL – JOHN H. ESSEX
  12. THE PURPOSE OF GOD – JOHN H. ESSEX
  13. THE GREATNESS OF SALVATION – WILLIAM MEALAND
  14. GOD JUSTIFIES, VIVIFIES, SAVES AND RECONCILES ALL – E.G. JONES
  15. TWO STUDIES ON HEAVEN AND HELL – A.E. KNOCH
  16. A RANSOM FOR ALL – E.T. SPRINGETT MOXHAM
  17. THE AGES IN THE SCRIPTURES – VLADIMIR GELESNOFF
  18. “HELL” – VLADIMIR GELESNOFF
  19. “ONE” AND “ALL” – JOHN ESSEX
  20. ON THESE THINGS MEDITATE – WILLIAM MEALAND
  21. “ETERNAL LIFE” – LOYAL F. HURLEY
  22. TORTURING DOUBTS AND EXULTANT FAITH – JAMES CORAM
  23. THE GLORY OF THE HAPPY GOD – ARTHUR CHARLES LAMB
  24. THE CONCEPT OF CIRCULARITY – JACK E. JACOBSEN
  25. GOD’S PERFECT PLAN – AUTHOR UNKNOWN
  26. THE CROSS AND THE AGES TO COME – G. CAMPBELL MORGAN
  27. NOTES FROM ROMANS 5 – W.H. GRIFFITH THOMAS
  28. DEFINITION OF BIBLE TERMS – GEORGE R. HAWTIN
  29. HE LIGHTETH EVERY MAN – VIRGENE ANDREWS
  30. AGES OR ETERNITY AND THE KING JAMES VERSION – JOHN DOKAS
  31. THE PLAN OF REDEMPTION SEEN FROM GOD’S VIEWPOINT – DORA VAN ASSEN
  32. DIVINE JUDGMENT - DORA VAN ASSEN
  33. GOD’S UNFAILING PLAN REVEALED IN THE EONS – DORA VAN ASSEN
  34. THE SPIRIT AND POWER OF ELIJAH – PAUL MUELLER
  35. “ASK OF ME OF THINGS TO COME” – K. ROSS MCKAY
  36. “ MY COUNSEL SHALL STAND” – K. ROSS MCKAY
  37. “ FOR WHO HATH RESISTED HIS WILL – K. ROSS MCKAY
  38. THE GREAT WHITE THRONE – AUTHOR UNKNOWN
  39. PROGRESSIVE REVELATION WITHIN THE BIBLE – EARNEST L. MARTIN
  40. THE PURPOSE OF EVIL – GUY MARKS
  41. THE PLACE OF HUMANITY IN GOD’S PURPOSE – JOHN H. ESSEX
  42. A FEW THOUGHTS ON THE SCRIPTURES – G.J. SALTER
  43. RESTORATION: THROUGH THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES – CHARLES WELLER
  44. THE EONS OF THE BIBLE – JOSEPH E. KIRK
  45. OUR CHURCH FATHERS TESTIFY – JACK JACOBSON
  46. WHO THEN CAN BE SAVED – KENNETH BRIX
  47. BE YE RECONCILED – VIRGENE ANDREWS
  48. MY UNEXPECTED DISCOVERY – HANNAH WHITALL SMITH
  49. WHENCE ETERNITY? – ALEXANDER THOMSON
  50. MUST AION MEAN ETERNAL? – PHILIP SCRANTON
  51. TARDY OF HEART TO BELIEVE ALL – F. NEIL POHORLAK
  52. MARTIN ZENDER GOES TO HELL – MARTIN ZENDER
  53. THE DEPTHS OF GOD WILL RETRIEVE ALL - ANTHONY J. BORRELLO
  54. NONE LOST, NONE DESTROYED – ANTHONY J. BORRELLO
  55. SOONER OR LATER GOD ALL IN ALL - ANTHONY J. BORRELLO
  56. 100 SCRIPTURAL PROOFS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND – THOMAS WHITTEMORE
  57. A TRUE REVELATION AND A SECOND WITNESS – TRAVIS OGLETREE
  58. THE CHRIST OF GLORY – MARVIN W. RICE
  59. JUSTIFICATION – DONALD G. HAYTER
  60. THE “EVIL” FROM THE LORD – MICHAEL KILLIAN
  61. THE FEET MINISTRY – DON BRUCE
  62. HELL – J.W. WILLIAMS
  63. LIFE FOR ALL - CHARLES W. COTTON
  64. UNIVERSAL RECONCILIATION – MINNIE ALBERTSON
  65. 125 NUTS FOR CALVINISTS TO CRACK – C.R. BIERBOWER
  66. ALL AND ALL IN ALL – VINCE HOLLANDER AND HENRY BULLER
  67. THE WAY TO SALVATION IN THE CHRISTIAN GOSPEL – ERNEST L. MARTIN
  68. THE EARLY VIEW OF THE SAVIOR – GARY AMIRAULT
  69. ETERNAL DEATH – ONE STEP OUT OF HELL, ONE STEP SHORT OF GLORY - GARY AMIRAULT
  70. THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL – TONY HINKLE
  71. THE SECOND DEATH – A.E. SAXBY
  72. OVERWHELMING GRACE – JOHN H. ESSEX
  73. THE GOSPEL OF GRACE – CHARLES W. WELLER
  74. JUSTIFICATION – DONALD G. HAYTER
  75. THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – LOYAL F. HURLEY
  76. THE GOSPEL – BERT BAUMAN
  77. WHAT GOD SAYS CONCERNING HELL – J.F. RODGERS
  78. MAN’S FAILURE OR GOD’S SUCCESS – WHICH WILL STAND? – LEE SALISBURY
  79. ETERNITY EXPLAINED – LEE SALISBURY
  80. JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN? (SERIES OF13 VOLUMES) J. PRESTON EBY

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #13

Fear
by Walter Lanyon

Fear can manifest only because of a belief in separation. As long as you are something apart from God you will experience, in one form or another, fear. It is subtle and hidden like a poisonous serpent coiled in the grass, liable to strike at any time–at the most unguarded moment, when least expected.
Its only power is given to it by thought, and it can be swollen by thought from a serpent into a dragon. All thoughts of evil are like toy balloons in that they are enlarged until finally the capacity is overtaxed and they burst. Sooner or later a fear will explode itself, however much or little damage it has done.
The panacea for all fear is your union with God.
The moment you are separated from ME and wander into the thought world (the vacuum of separation), you are subject to the laws of fear. The one who is filled with fear sees the ‘‘ten thousand fall at your right hand,’’ and is so convinced of the reality and power of evil that he fails to notice the one who passes through unscathed.
‘‘Stand and see the salvation of the Lord’’ has a definite, positive value to you NOW. For you are beginning to sense-see the power of being one instead of two. You are beginning to appropriate the instantaneous relief felt from this ONENESS.
This sudden appropriation of ONENESS is accompanied by the consciousness of how to eliminate the object of, or the belief in, fear. There are different ‘‘cities’’ of refuge into which you may run for every differing degree of fear; yet all are the same God. This ‘‘running’’ into God is not as symbolical as it appears. It is an actual fusing of you with the Father within you, and from that moment you are a majority, and you will know the NOTHINGNESS of the fear belief.
We arrive finally at the point, which is so full of the acceptance of God that it can and does say, ‘‘Even if You slay me, yet I will say You are God’’—and the last stand is taken. Even if You slay me—yet will I acknowledge this One and Only Power.
interiorcoveringsministry.or … geid=37154

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #14

GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME

While the elect are enjoying life eonian, the non-elect will experience kolasis eonian which means age-during corrective chastisement. When the corrective chastisement has been achieved in everyone who needs it, then both life eonian and chastisement eonian will come to an end and eternity will continue with everyone saved from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will.

A snippet from
“During the present wicked eon (Gal.1:4), Sin reigns, Satan who is said to be “the god of this eon” (2 Cor.4:4) blinds and deceives mankind, and death swallows up the race (1 Cor.15:22). But notwithstanding, God is over all and is in supreme control. He is the eonian God. In due time He will deliver the entire creation and bring good out of all the suffering mankind is called upon to endure (Rom.8;18-23).”

Many Greek scholars agree with John Wesley Hanson
AIÓN – AIÓNIOS

SEE

THE SCHOLAR’S CORNER FOR THE STUDY OF BIBLICAL UNIVERSALISM

THE EONS
martinzender.com/Zenderature/the_eons.htm

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #15

GRACE, PLUS NOTHING – James Coram

This is not to say that our efforts are not essential or that there will be nothing for us to do since it is God Who saves us from our failings. To the contrary, God graciously saves us by causing us to work, “training us that, disowning irreverence and worldly desires, we should be living sanely and justly and devoutly in the current eon” Titus 2:11,12. But our efforts are merely a product; they are the means through which God saves us. We contribute nothing.

It is not a question of our discipline and volition, but of pride and self-reliance concerning our discipline and volition, of boasting in the flesh instead of glorying in the transforming power of God. As long as we continue to see ourselves, in the final sense, as the key to anything, we will remain proud, antagonistic to “the grace of God in truth” Col. 1:6.

It is one thing to conceive of ourselves, in a dutiful sense and relatively speaking, as “cooperating” with the Lord Jesus, as He leads us into paths of better service. It is quite another, however, proudly to fancy ourselves to be so utterly independent of the Supreme Deity Himself, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, that even He is at a loss to change our will or walk without our help.

Luke 6:32-35 shows us what God’s grace (thanks) is; He is gracious to the wicked, which means sinners like we all were when He was gracious to us. It’s not that we have to preach so they can be saved, otherwise we’re responsible for their “eternal damnation”, and they have to receive the message (if we happen to present it to them), or else they will be eternally damned. Salvation is not based on human actions, but on divine actions. He chooses who to save and when, and at that moment, that soul is saved. And He will save all, as He has clearly said He will do.

We believe the message we heard, and we preach because we are so commanded, but God doesn’t depend upon us to save ourselves, nor does He depend upon our conveying the message, to save others. He is the only Sovereign, and He so arranges EVERYTHING that each will be saved. Free will and chance are myths which have completely twisted the mindset of many Christians.

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #16

WHAT I WISH I HAD KNOWN DURING MY YOUTH —
How I recovered from a 12 year nervous breakdown (1966-78)

My name is Rodger Tutt. I am 75 years old. I could have avoided a horrific twelve year nervous breakdown (1966-78) had I known as a youth about the following information concerning what a correctly (literally, not interpretively) translated Bible teaches.

BOOKS THAT SHOW THAT THE BIBLE TEACHES UNIVERSAL SALVATION,
THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF WHICH CAN BE READ ONLINE

If necessary, copy and paste the following urls into your browser address bar.

1. ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST – Charles Slagle
    tentmaker.org/books/Absolute … hrist.html
  2. HOPE BEYOND HELL - Gerry Beauchemin (recently published)
    tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf
  3. CHRIST TRIUMPHANT - Thomas Allin
    tentmaker.org/books/ChristTriumphant.htm
  4. THE BIBLE HELL - J.W. Hanson
    tentmaker.org/books/TheBibleHell.html
  5. THE ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF THE DOCTRINE OF ENDLESS PUNISHMENT – Thomas Thayer
    tentmaker.org/books/OriginandHistory.html
  6. THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – Dr. Loyal Hurley
    tentmaker.org/books/infinitegrace.htm
  7. JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN “HELL” - J. Preston Eby
    tentmaker.org/articles/savio … d/hell.htm
  8. ONE HUNDRED SCRIPTURAL PROOFS THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL SAVE ALL MANKIND - Thomas Whittemore
    tentmaker.org/books/ScripturalProofs.html
  9. TWENTY-FOUR SERMONS ON UNIVERSAL SALVATION – John Bovee Dods
    tentmaker.org/Bovee2.htm#Top
  10. THE SECOND DEATH AND THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – Andrew Jukes
    tentmaker.org/restitutionindex.htm
  11. ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY REASONS FOR BELIEVING IN THE FINAL SALVATION OF ALL MANKIND – Erasmus Manford
    tentmaker.org/books/150reasons.html
  12. THE RICH MAN AND LAZARUS – J. Patching
    tentmaker.org/books/RichMana … ching.html
  13. BIBLE TRANSLATIONS THAT DO NOT TEACH ETERNAL TORMENT – Gary Amirault
    tentmaker.org/books/GatesOfHell.html
  14. AION – AIONIOS – John Wesley Hanson
  15. BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED – John Wesley Hanson
  16. THE CASE OF JUDAS, ETCETERA - Louis Abbott
    tentmaker.org/books/asw/Chapter16.html
  17. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL – John Essex
    AND THE ROLE OF THE ADVERSARY – James Webb
    tentmaker.org/articles/TheProblemofEvil.html
  18. HIS ACHIEVEMENT ARE WE – James Coram
    concordant.org/expohtml/HisAchie … index.html
  19. THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – Andrew Jukes
    auburn.edu/~allenkc/jukes2.html
  20. THE RESTITUTION OF ALL THINGS – George Hawtin
    godfire.net/restitutionHawtin.html
  21. THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD SERIES – J. Preston Eby
    tentmaker.org/articles/savio … /index.htm
    ESPECIALLY THIS ONE IN THAT SERIES
    tentmaker.org/articles/savio … larity.htm
  22. THE PURPOSE OF EVIL – A.P. Adams
    thegloryrd.com:80/apadams/evil.html
  23. TEN REASONS NOT TO BELIEVE THE TEACHING OF ETERNAL TORTURE - Thomas Kissinger
    completerestorationinchrist. … s-not.html
  24. IS HELL ETERNAL OR WILL GOD’S PLAN FAIL? – Charles Pridgeon
    archive.org/stream/willgodsp … 3/mode/2up
  25. THE PROBLEM OF EVIL AND THE JUDGMENTS OF GOD – A.E. Knoch
    concordant.org/expohtml/TheP … index.html
  26. GOD’S EONIAN PURPOSE
    gtft.org/Library/loudy/GodsE … pose00.htm - Adlai Loudy
  27. THE TRUE BASIS OF REDEMPTION – A.P. Adams
    tentmaker.org/articles/TrueB … Adams.html
  28. THREE TREASURE HOUSES OF CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALIST ARTICLES
    auburn.edu/~allenkc/articles2.html
    tgulcm.tripod.com/cu/univart.html
    theherald…org/Library.htm

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #17

SOME PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON “I NEVER KNEW YOU”

“There is no better place than being in the hands of God.”
For a UR that is definitely true!
But for an ETer, probably not, because they might turn out to be one of these guys.

"Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy Name? and in Thy Name have cast out devils, and in Thy Name have done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them I never knew you. Depart from Me ye who work iniquity’ (Matt. 7:22,23).

We could possibly add to those declarations that some, in astonishment, will also say, – “but my name should be right there in the book of life because I got myself saved in Your Name!”

They fully expect to go right into heaven based on what they had done in the Name of Jesus.
Instead, Jesus will cast them into the lake of fire which is the second death which will include kolasis aionion, which means age-during corrective chastisement.

It is God, not us, who decides who will or will not be cast into the lake of fire which is the second death.

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #18

J. PRESTON EBY

A great sixteen chapter introductory series to ultimate reconciliation.
J. Preston Eby does a thorough job covering many aspects of the topic.
Fundamental reading for any person interested in studying universalism from a solid biblical perspective.
Highly Recommended!

godfire.net/eby/saviour_of_the_world.html

TESTIMONY VIDEO OF J. PRESTON EBY
youtube.com/watch?v=JEwcWR8kxUs&feature=sub

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #19

JUDAS – Louis Abbott

(Here is why the case of Judas does not disprove UR.)

"Let us look carefully at the Greek text: kalon ên auto eiouk egennêthê ho anthropos ekeinos, “Ideal were it for Him if that man were not born” or “It were ideal for Him if that man was not born.” The question is asked, Who is the Him? The answer is in the preceding clause. There we have the pronoun autou, “Him,” and anthropo ekeino, “that man,” both referred to in such a way that we cannot mistake them. “The Son of Man indeed goeth as it is written of Him; but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed!” “Him” is the Son of Man, “that man” is Judas.

The Him cannot refer to Judas, therefore the text can be paraphrased as, “Ideal were it for Him (the Son of Man) if that man (Judas) were not born.”

That is the understanding that the syntax requires.

Therefore, Mark 14:21 does not contradict Col. 1:15-20; 1 Tim. 4:9-11; Rom. 5:18, 19; etc., all teaching the ultimate salvation of Judas."

Regarding the confusion of the different versions, Louis Abbott adds the following note:

"Notice how the following versions translates this clause:
The ASV, 1901 margin, “Good were it for him if that man had not been born;”
Rotherham’s version, “Well for him if that man had not been born;”

Murphy’s edition of the Douay Version and the New Testament translated from the Latin Vulgate, 1898,
“It were better for him, if that man had not been born;”

(the following three versions are quoted in the original spelling)
Wiclif, 1380, “It were good to hym if thilke man hadde not been borun;”
Tyndale, 1534, “Good were it for him if that man had never bene borne;”
Rheims, 1582, “it vvere good for him, if that man had not been borne.”

and repeating the conclusion

The Him cannot refer to Judas, therefore the text can be paraphrased as, “Ideal were it for Him (the Son of Man) if that man (Judas) were not born.”

IMO that is the understanding that the syntax requires.

Therefore, Mark 14:21 does not contradict Col. 1:15-20; 1 Tim. 4:9-11; Rom. 5:18, 19; etc., all teaching the ultimate salvation of Judas."

But even if it did refer to Judas, consider this.

A snippet from
BIBLE THREATENINGS EXPLAINED
Scroll down and click on
BETTER NEVER BEEN BORN
“This was a proverbial expression among the Jews, and was not employed literally.”
It was the same meaning as we have today when we say “I wish I had never been born”, or “You will wish you had never been born.”

“But what about Judas Iscariot? Doesn’t it say it would have been better if he’d never been born?
Matthew 26:24 “The Son of Mankind is indeed going away, according as it is written concerning Him, yet woe to that man through whom the Son of Mankind is being given up! Ideal were it for Him if that man were not born!” It would have been ideal (pleasing and peaceful) for Jesus (the Son of Mankind/Him) if Judas (that man) had not been born. It was nevertheless necessary for him to be born and commit his sin of betrayal in order for scripture to be fulfilled. See Genesis 6:6; John 18:11; Matt. 26:39. (While many Bible versions mistranslate Matt.26:24, some do put the correct rendering in the margin.)

Concerning Judas’ title, “son of destruction”, John 17:12, the Greek word is apollumi, often translated, perish or lose. This word is used in the New Testament about 90 times. Many people, animals, and even things are described as being “lost”, “destroyed” or “perished”. It is unwise to assume the word describes “eternal damnation”. “For the Son of Mankind came to seek and to save the lost (apollumi).” Luke 19:10. The book All in All, by A. E. Knoch, is very informative on this and some other important topics, such as the eons, the 3 classes of vivification, “hell”, and “annihilation”.
lighthouselibrary.com/read.p … searchfor=

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #20

INTERPRETED VERSIONS ARE WRONG

God says what the Greek says, not what the interpreted versions say.
God says what the literal translations say.

There are several dozen Greek scholars who agree with John Wesley Hanson that interpreted versions are wrong.

AIÓN – AIÓNIOS
tentmaker.org/books/Aion_lim.shtml

THE SCHOLARS CORNER THE CENTER FOR BIBLE STUDIES IN CHRISTIAN UNIVERSALISM

Dean Hough, director of THE SAVIOUR OF ALL FELLOWSHIP wrote “The definition given in THE VOCABULARY OF THE GREEK TESTAMENT (edited by James Hope Moulton and George Milligan) is helpful. Concerning aionios we read, “In general, the word depicts that of which the horizon is not in view . . .” (p.16). If the horizon of the extermination spoken of by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 1:9 is simply not in view, then we can see that what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 15:22 can truly occur. The same all who are dying in Adam, which includes some who incur eonian extermination, can indeed eventually be vivified in Christ.
The Bible, in fact, does not speak of judgment and condemnation, death and destruction, hades and Gehenna, or any of these serious consequences of sin, as unending. It may refer to them as not having the end in view, but none of these fearful works of God can keep Him from achieving His will (1Tim.2:4); reconciling all through the blood of Christ’s cross (Col.1:20, and becoming All in all (1 Cor.15:28).”
Dean Hough

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #21

LOVE WINS

Here is an analogy that I got from Ray Prinzing (my earthly hero and mentor)

A man courts a lady by continually expressing his love for her week after week, both verbally, and by bringing her gifts.

If he stops trying to persuade her to marry him, he loses everything.
But if he never stops trying to convince her until she says yes, then he goes to her place, gathers up all the gifts he gave her AND HER, and takes them back to his place for the rest of their lives.

Human love sometimes fails to elicit a loving response, but God’s divine love is not hampered by the limitations of human love.

Even if takes kolasis aionios (age-during corrective chastisement) which is a negative expression of His love, God will sooner or later elicit a loving response from everyone.

That is what I believe.
LOVE WINS
lovewins.us/388/an-analytical-study-of-words/

FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF RODGER TUTT #22

MUSLIMS

As most Christians already know, millions of Christians believe that millions of Muslims (and all other non-Christians too) are going to suffer forever in hell.
They believe it because that’s the way they were taught by their parents and by other people on whom they relied to tell them the truth.

What many Christians do not know is that millions of Muslims believe that millions of Christians (and all non-Muslims) are going to suffer forever in hell too.
And they also believe it because that’s the way they were taught by their parents and by other people on whom they relied to tell them the truth
Quote from THE AFTER LIFE IN ISLAM
“Being a Muslim does not keep one out of Hell, but non-Muslims (kafir), however, will be punished eternally.”
religionfacts.com/islam/beli … erlife.htm

I think the entire dichotomy is ridiculous!
I think that the idea of “eternal hell” may be the cause of more suffering on this earth than any other idea that exists.

For anyone who is interested, the following is a very informative link containing many reasons why I agree with Chad Holtz and why I understand completely why he could no longer go on pretending to his congregation that he believes in such a horrific concept of God as taught by his denomination’s interpretation of the Bible, even though it cost him his job.
what-the-hell-is-hell.com/topics … rs-corner/

In my opinion the greatest of all manifestations of God’s grace in action on this earth is that anyone can believe that God will let anyone choose themselves into an inescapable state of everlasting suffering and not go insane thinking about it.

From Rodger Tutt in Toronto, Canada