The Evangelical Universalist Forum

How To Live Under An Unqualified President by John Piper

Thank you for pointing that out, Dave. After writing that the majority voted for Clinton, I thought I might be wrong. So I searched the internet and could not find statistics that stated otherwise. Okay, doubtless you’re right that it was not a majority. However 48% of all U.S. citizens is almost half. It’s still an awful lot of people who have voted for a “hateful” party. If the Democratic Party is hateful, and 48% voted that way, then if they, themselves are not hateful like their Party, then what are they? Ignorant?

It depends on what you mean by ‘ignorant’. If by that you mean an unquestioning and uncritical acceptance of a Narrative, then yes, most people who voted for Hil were ignorant. I prefer ‘misled’ because I know a number of those people and they are a smart as anyone else, and as caring as anyone else. They held their noses and voted Hillary. Why? Because they believed a lie. How could they help but do so? There was one TV station - Fox, that tried to be fair - that was reviled by the liar-in-chief himself, Obama, publicly and often, and also reviled day after day after day by almost all other media. So they would not listen to Fox.

I was in the dentist’s office one morning, waiting for my appointment, just me, and I changed the waiting room tv channel to Fox. Another person checked in, sat down, and groaned OH NO NOT **** FOX! I asked why they would want to listen to lies and fabrication as put forth by the other stations - it was CNN - and got a look of amazement. It also happened, just that way, while I was waiting for an oil change. AND THOSE PEOPLE HAD NEVER WATCHED FOX!!! That is ignorance - but that is what they were being fed, all the time.

Dems do well in high-population, dense city environs. Why? When many of those cities, run by dems for decades, are rotting, falling apart, becoming desolate? Because they did not want to vote for the Devil. Even though the dems had ruined cities, still, the other side was the Devil, a bunch of moronic islamaphobes, immigrant haters, anti-women, anti-gay, - or as Hillary said, a bunch of deplorables. That’s a hateful remark. But you hear it often enough, it has an effect.

And remember - Trump won the most STATES.

1 Like

From waka waka waka:

Hillary Clinton supporters: let’s not hear a lot of whingeing, please, about how your gal “won the popular vote”. Leaving aside the most obvious response — that in this federal republic it is, by careful design, the States that elect the President, and not the mob — your argument depends upon the assumption of an unprovable counterfactual, namely the implicit assertion that she would have won the popular vote even if there were no Electoral College. This article explains why the notion is irrelevant.

Speaking of the mob, they are now having a tantrum, massing themselves in various urban centers (and blocking highways) to protest — what, exactly? What are their demands?

and I changed the waiting room tv channel to Fox. Another person checked in, sat down, and groaned OH NO NOT **** FOX! I asked why they would want to listen to lies and fabrication as put forth by the other stations - it was CNN - and got a look of amazement.

Normal intelligent people find it incomprehensible that a slew of media outlets ALL could be fabricating stories because traditionally they would have had to be colluding which is not believable. But it doesn’t work that way today in the year 2017. On my i-phone i get tweets from Fox,Wash Post, NY Times,CNN ,MSNBC etc all instantly and the left wing outlets simply copy each other so if one fabricates a story then they all do. I know this because i receive the same stories from the various outlets within a minute.
Story - “Trump fires Comey because he asked for more funding to follow the Trump/Russia investigation” The truth was told by Andrew Mcabe the Acting FBI Director testifying before Congress that no additional funding was needed or requested and funding is not asked for individual cases.

Was a correction made by any of the leftist media outlets? Did Japan win WW2?

1 Like

QAZ, I stopped reading your contributions on this thread way back when. I can guess what you’re saying. I can guess you have not read any of the links but , as Randy points out, anybody can throw links out there, whether they are to facts or not, does not seem to matter to .Randy or …well, a certain group.
I’m just happy that, after 8 years of ‘us’ putting up with the attempted destruction of much of the American way (you remember - ‘He’ wanted to fundamentally transform the hated United States) and not rioting, not crying in safe places, not closing down universities when the opposition was scheduled to speak, not closing off roads in a hissy fit, not being ‘snowflakes’ - we can fight back at all the B.S. and maybe make some progress.

It’s a ‘cold civil war’ now and I hope it calms down, but with the nutty Leftists trying to tear everything down, and they never sleep nor slumber, I think things are going to get worse.

I think folks will wise up. I’m sure more folks will vote Democrats in Congress, in a couple of years. And the Democrats, will have a much better candidate than Hillary - in 4 years. Not that I’m a Democrat, mind you. I’m really an independent. But I think this is how the 'cosmic cards", will play themselves out. Unless Trump makes some exceptionally, good moves.

And if the “cosmic cards” play right, what will happen to Trump? He will write a book, go on speaking tours, be interviewed by the “liberal media” and continue to make money - as a billionaire. And share on Twitter, all the mistakes, of the** then** current administration. Perhaps even get his own TV and/or radio show. And be more popular than Howard Stern and Rush Limbaugh - put together :exclamation: :wink:

WEll I think the populace did ‘wise up’ this last election. I’m no fan of either party, but I do believe that IF the economy really starts to ‘lift all ships’, the GOP , idiots that most of them are, will stay in power for a good stretch.
Really, there aren’t any good Dem candidates on the scene right now either.

BTW, the Federalist Papers show that the Founders were well aware that democracies do not last long; they built as many safeguards into the system as they could, but they recognized that the DOI/Constitution would only work if the nation was composed of industrious, well-meaning and good people. IN their estimation, not very possible, but much better than totalitarianism.

Lets’ consider Trump’s own words as to “one of the reasons” he fired Comey:

Trump has nothing to fear from the truth, but he does from fake news.
We did not hear much outrage when Hillary sold a lot of U.S. uranium to Russia, did we? Why?

breitbart.com/big-government … tory-sham/

And it’s clear that Russia would have benefitted from Obama 2.0 (Hillary) much more than from a Trump win.

nationalreview.com/node/446148/print

An article of real substance

Well, based upon Wiki at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Review, it says this:

Why can’t I just pull a Steve and David here, and say this publication suffers from “conservative bias” :question: :laughing:

You said it, qaz. That’s it exactly.

No that’s not right, and I’m surprised at you, Don.
The fact is there has been much fake news aka lies - I linked to a bunch but who cares, right? And the Breitbart web link - more fact, but who cares?
Much easier to moan about Trump, before you see what he actually accomplishes.

And damn, how many times do I have to say a pox on BOTH parties?? I’d like the truth, that’s it plain and simple. I don’t care who is right or wrong - do you??

More fake news which perhaps you have forgotten? The violence at Trump rallies, it was reported, was Trump people being stirred to violence.

Then project Veritas interviewed the DEMOCRATIC operative who arranged the violent acts - hired street people, union workers, etc. to perpetuate the fights and disturbances to make Trump look bad.

Those are the pesky facts, again. No media bias? Open your eyes.

d1sb17b1leotpq.cloudfront.net/r … llies.html

But I say the bias is deliberate and encouraged - by the networks. As opposed to something like the BBC, that tries to be objective.

Now when I watch a BBC news cast, they fill the news with stories around the world. And mention things happening in countries, we wouldn’t consider newsworthy.

There’s only so many times, when a massacre occurs. Or North Korea fires a missile. So what do you fill the news hour or half hour with? Well, what Trump is up to. Or his administration. Or whoever is in power. And encourage the commentaries, to get folks up in arms.

Why? So you turn to CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSMBC, etc. Watch the station. Boost the ratings. And - most importantly - buy the sponsors products.

It’s show business.

As far as the global hack goes, here’s an informative article from Scientific American:

Seeking Address: Why Cyber Attacks Are So Difficult to Trace Back to Hackers

HFPZ said

I am surprised at you Randy, you have to know that the BBC is their top notch version of ‘network media news’ :laughing:

More fake news which perhaps you have forgotten?

They don’t let us forget even if you want to forget! Recently the left wing media AKA “groupthink” accused Trump of firing Comey because he was getting close to proving collusion between Trump and Russia! After 10 months of investigation there is not a shred of evidence to support this but the “groupthink” party on the left wants a special prosecutor. The law says to have a Special Prosecutor you need “probable cause” and there isn’t any, not a shred.

Today the Wash Post runs a story that when Team Trump met the Russian Ambassador recently at the White House, Trump disclosed highly classified info to the Russians! The “leftist, groupthink” media like CNN,MSNBC,NY Times,NBC,ABC & CBS immediately copied the story even though the source is the well known “unnamed sources.” The folks at the meeting with Trump were H.R. Macmasters & Secy of State Rex Tillarson & Dana Powers and they all deny the story. They all say Trump did not disclose military info but talked about possible methods of attack by ISIS since Russia & the USA have a common enemy. But “the left” just got their fresh batch of red meat to energize them for another run at Trump and they are not going to be influenced by any silly facts.
You think there may be bias in the media? It’s way beyond just bias!

Well said.

Here’s a new, free, downloadable pamphlet - a .pdf - 95 pages but they are short.
Anyone of us on this thread is aware of the deep deep divide in the country, and there seems to be absolutely no middle ground.
The booklet tries to show the reasons for the predicament. It’s very well researched and written, educational, and it will convince NOBODY. Because, it appears, everyone is already convinced of things, facts notwithstanding.
And by the way, it’s written by a conservative, so not worth the cyberspace it’s written on. :wink:

So with a deep sense of futility, here’s the link to the download.

frontpagemag.com/sites/defau … ericas.pdf