The Evangelical Universalist Forum

what is it, he wants ?

here I am almost destitute, ravaged by the impending and ever present storm yet for all the turmoil I trust him, I was riding my peewee 50 cc bike the other day, screaming along as one does on that size, yelling out to him saying ‘‘I trust you GOD !’’, but what exactly does this amount to ?
(I wondered to myself) perhaps you (the reader) can enlighten me, what exactly does trusting him in the midst of turmoil amount to ?

It amounts to a relationship that transcends time in this world and yields abundant benefit now, in ones spirit(regardless of ones circumstances), and in the age to come, in the joy, inheritance and stewardship of His sons.

I think it means that when life gets you down, don’t give up. Just keep on walking, or in your case, riding. :smiley: ( P.S. My humor may not be all that great but I thought you might need a lift :wink: )

P.S. P.S When you ride in the right direction, God guarantees that you will eventually get somewhere.

lol keep riding

Trust, to me, is telling God, “My life belongs to you. I am the clay and you are the potter.”

It is giving God the steering wheel, and believing His promise that He will cause all things to work for our good.

It is as Peter said:
"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. John 6:68

Trust is having that child-like faith.

And, though you have great trials and difficulties, let such lives as Joseph, of Egypt, and Paul assure you that God has not forgotten you, but is
always preparing you for your next phase of life and learning.

And don’t forget to praise Him, even in the darkness.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs3:5-6

For me, Trust is at the heart of our walk with God.

D.

‘‘trust is having that child like faith’’

BINGO

thanks for your reply, another thing you mentioned is ‘‘all things’’ this naturally includes hardships, punishments and the like - its darn hard going through them is it not ?