Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:25 pm
by Michael
randylkemp wrote: I take you at your word, that you haven't contemplated suicide.

I said "I haven't been" contemplating suicide, and I thank you for taking me at my word.

And I thank you for any prayers you have actually offered for my dad.

He's pretty sick right now, but there's at least one doctor who thinks he could recover, and prayers are appreciated.

I just told dad today that I appreciate his hanging in here with me as long as he has, and that I hope he can hang in here with me a little longer.

But I told him that if he has to leave, that's o'kay too, because I know there's a better place, and I'll hang in here as long as I have to.

There being states of existence that are better than non-existence (and that are capable of outweighing the states of existence we may sometimes have to endure in this fallen world) is what this thread is all about, not suicide.

And there's really nothing funny about an ICU, so please stop trying to be funny by posting cartoons, and snippets from silly t.v. shows (like "the A team," where people were routinely shot with rapid fire automatic machine guns, but never died.)

I find these attempts at humor in the context of this thread offensive, and I haven't the time to do "statistical analysis," or to answer your questions right now.

And especially not when you haven't answered mine (and when I doubt you remember what those questions were, or even took any notice of them to begin with.)

I asked you if you believe that anything (such as life, or love) has intrinsic value, or whether you see everything as relevant (and dependant on personal judgment.)

You never answered that question, but here's a Psalm we read in Church today (at the 7:30 a.m. morning prayer service, at Saint Paul's Anglican Church, in Crownsville Md.)

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you."

Psalm 63:3.

I take this to mean that life is good, and love is better.

Do you agree or disagree?

Pax Et Bonum.