The Evangelical Universalist Forum

Obsolete: Forum will be read-only from March onwards

three things you can count on death,taxes and change, the Trinity of life!

I once read, “The only things we can be sure about are death and taxes… and I’m not too sure about death.”

This forum has been a “light from many lamps” and I want to thank all those who worked hard to help create and maintain it over the years. I will surely miss everyone on here. Even though there have been disagreements, I considered this to be like a round table discussion amongst a group of friends, “breaking bread”, sharing thoughts and ideas, and learning a lot in the process. Somehow I feel like this is the last supper. :frowning: To all: I’d like to just say, keep the light burning until we meet again! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That reminds me of a song :question: :laughing:

That reminds me of a song :question: :laughing:

As Jesus said to his disciples before he ascended, “happy trails to you until we meet again.”

In a way, this saddens me that this message board will become read only. Now I’ll have to find other message boards
where Christians can attack me for what I believe. :smiley:

C’mon Eusebius… enough already with the *martyr complex * :laughing:

That ‘martyr’ post was ‘Justin’ time :laughing:

You been hanging around me too long, DaveB. :laughing:

Generally, people are not attacked for what they believe, but for the manner in which they attempt to justify what they believe.

Oh shut your face! :wink:

I made a forum a couple years ago, It has no members, lol, I never promote it, but it was really easy and cheap to do. I dont have time to run a forum, so I set up the threads to be basic studies limited to UR, and I may use it to archive some of my UR focused posts from here and Tentmaker. I think it costs me about 110.00 dollars a year. Its a phpBB forum @ www.Salvationofall.org. I will keep an eye out to see if anyone is interested in it, but its purpose is strictly UR focused, unless I was to create a hidden “anything goes” area. Facebook has some good features, but I think it is just too limited for discussion, and the “thread” method is the only way i’ve seen to maintain a topic.

In an ideal world the “facial” portion of the forum would be a place where the nuts and bolts of UR/Salvation of All/ Biblical Christian Universalism would be presented clearly and consistently.

Tangental theological rabbit holes could be discussed by thicker skinned established members in a hidden area ot the forum covered by a big disclaimer, “Let no timid enter here” :laughing:

The conflict between trying to present this wonderful gospel message, and having it lost and buried beneath the kudzu of systematic theologies of different brands, is one I think needs to be resolved somewhere(not sure where and how, but would like to see it).

Anyway, it definitely takes time to create and monitor such a thing, and I appreciate the time invested by the founders of this forum, and I think the general tone of the forum has been pretty good.

Oh, well put matey!

How are we still posting???

I haven’t had a chance to freeze things yet :slight_smile:

Also, I gathered that the plan wasn’t to freeze posts until next month? We just aren’t accepting new members from March 1 onward.

I can vent my spleen the rest of the month???

Woooooohooooooo :smiley:

I haven’t had a chance to freeze things yet :slight_smile:
Alex Smith
Administrator

Take your time, like a few months!

Many, many thanks to you all for hosting this forum - I have enjoyed it mostly vicariously through my husband. You all have enriched our lives by engaging yourselves in these discussions.

I definitely want to gather up all his three-some-thousand posts before the door finally closes - as well as some other people’s.

I am more of a facebook person, so I may see you there as Jean Clink.

Many of my fb friends are evangelical so I post on my page things that I find that will provoke them to think a little further than black-white, heaven or hell, so I understand the desire for anonymity - I don’t want to be in their faces with my beliefs that are so different from theirs.

The only closed FB group I was turned away from was a Vietnam Veterans group for people who had been ‘in the land’.

I have heard that Zuckerberg is censoring facebook, so if you are Right wing, you may be affected. I have my ear out for another social media place - there are some that you can’t use with a computer, so there are limitations.

Bless you all - hope we meet again - on this earth, I mean. !!